We are back with another great $20 Tuesday meal here at WOT... Today we bring to you this flavorful Orange Sesame Chicken.
This bright and colorful Orange Sesame Chicken recipe easily serves four and will price out around $20.
WOT we love about this recipe: It calls for using actual orange juice which adds a nice bright color — And we have to say, this dish smells amazing when it comes together.
This recipe is not only quick and easy but is really flavorful because of the orange and garlic. You can also make this recipe have a little bit of heat too depending on how much red pepper you prefer to use.
Orange Sesame Chicken
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos, tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh orange zest
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, canola oil, or olive oil
- 2 lb chicken breast, cut into tenders
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp onion powder, more to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- cooked white or brown rice
- red pepper flakes
- Combine the orange juice, coconut aminos, olive oil, garlic, orange zest, red pepper flakes, and honey in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large fry pan with deep sides, heat the coconut/canola oil on medium high heat.
- Cut the chicken into tenders (not strips). Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Add chicken to hot pan and brown on all sides.
- When chicken is nearly cooked through, add the orange sauce, and stir to thoroughly coat the chicken on all sides.
- Cook uncovered, simmering the sauce until thickened and fully sticking to the chicken.
- To serve sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over white rice.
Enjoy! If you want more $20 Tuesday recipes you can check them out here!
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Note: $20 is an approximate cost for this dish. The actual price of all ingredients may vary.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita