If you know us, you know we love a good bowl recipe here at Women of Today
This Pierogi Bowl with Cabbage Pears and Sausage is a must-make dish if you are a lover of bowls like we are — In fact, it just might become your new go-to.
This $20 Tuesday recipe is fantastic because it has minimal ingredients and in about 30 minutes you’ll be ready to sit down and enjoy!
WOT we love about this recipe: Is are how all the flavors come together with these easy to find ingredients that we don’t usually combine in a dish.
This recipe is seriously good… But, forewarning, you probably won’t have any leftover!
Pierogi Bowl with Cabbage Pears and Sausage
- 1 16oz box of frozen onion pierogies
- 1 lb fresh bratwurst, casing removed (approximately 5 links)
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes *optional
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded (about 4 heaping cups)
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard or whole grain mustard
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- green onion, chopped
- red pepper flakes
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet and over medium-high heat, heat the oil and add the bratwurst meat (casing removed). Using two forks, break apart the bratwurst and cook until well browned, 8-10 minutes. *Optional to add 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes to the browned sausage.
- Add the cabbage and green onions to the skillet and cookdown until tender, 8-10 minutes.TIP: Use heat proof salad utensils and gently toss thecabbage to incorporate in the skillet.
- Add the pears, vinegar, and mustard. Cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pierogies to the hot cabbage and sausage mixture to warm them.
- Serve in a bowl and top with chopped green onion and / or red pepper flakes.
If you want more $20 Tuesday recipes you can check them out here!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita
Note: $20 is an approximate cost for this dish. The actual price of all ingredients may vary.