A festive fall twist on the classic Old Fashioned cocktail!
If you are looking for a new cocktail to add to your autumn menu then you have to try our new Pumpkin Old Fashioned! This seasonal twist on the traditional Old Fashioned is the perfect cocktail to get you feeling festive!
The bourbon compliments the rich (but not over powering) pumpkin puree, while a touch of maple syrup adds a subtle sweetness. Make sure you mix well and don’t skip out on garnishing with a cinnamon stick — It adds a ton of flavor!
Pumpkin Old Fashioned
- 2 oz bourbon (we suggest Longbranch Bourbon)
- ½ oz pure pumpkin puree
- 1½ tsp maple syrup
- 2 dashes bitters
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- In a mixing glass, add the bourbon, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and bitters. Use a muddler or the back of a spoon to gently muddle the pumpkin puree with the other ingredients.
- Fill the mixing glass with ice and stir in the mixture well to chill the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick for a festive touch.