Ready to give your regular old roasted cauliflower an upgrade?
When you combine the nutty + buttery flavor of the roasted cauliflower with the fresh + zesty chimichurri, you have our Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri Sauce and it is the perfect summer dish!
WOT we love about this recipe: It’s vegetarian, gluten free… And you can make your chimichurri a day or two ahead so that it’s ready to go, and you just have to roast your cauliflower.
To cut your cauliflower into perfectly sized ‘steaks’, we suggest:
• Rinse the whole head of cauliflower under cold water and pat dry. Remove the outer green leaves from the cauliflower base.
• Using a sharp chef knife, cut the stem away from the cauliflower.
• Place the cauliflower stem side down on the cutting board and carefully make one cut through the center of the cauliflower to divide it in half.
• Cut each half into slices, about 3/4-inch thick.
Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower, clean and cut into your desired sized pieces
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh parsley (tender stems ok)
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro (stems ok)
- ¼ cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional and you can adjust amount)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Combine the first 8 ingredients into a blender, and blend into a paste. With the blender running on low, slowing add a thin stream of the extra virgin olive oil until well incorporated. Pour chimichurri into a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made a day or two ahead of time. This can also be made and frozen for up to 6 months.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, spread the cut cauliflower pieces, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place into the oven and roast for 45 minutes, turning and rotating until they are well browned.
- Plate the cauliflower onto serving plate and pour chimichurri sauce on top. You will have extra sauce and it can be served on the side with any grilled meat or fish if desired. The extra sauce will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator or can be frozen up to 6 months.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita