Ready for a fresh + tasty ceviche recipe? If you have never tackled a ceviche recipe before, this is an easy one that you will love! You can make it with either shrimp or tuna (or a combo of both).
The recipe has a wonderful mix of flavors, with just enough spice (you can add more peppers to taste if you like it with a kick). It’s an awesome recipe to serve when you are hosting guests and will be devoured in no time.
Pro tip: Many grocery stores make their own tortilla chips in house (a healthier alternative). They are usually in the deli area and if you ask someone behind the counter, they can point you to where they are located!
Shrimp + Tuna Ceviche
- 1 pound cooked shrimp (whole) or 1 pound of sushi grade tuna cut in ¼ inch dice
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1-2 serrano or jalapeno peppers seeded and finely diced
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro to taste
- Kosher or Flake salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add the shrimp or prepared tuna in a non-reactive bowl (glass or ceramic) and place in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl non-reactive bowl, prepare and combine the onion, peppers, avocado, and 3 Tablespoons of the lime juice. Gently toss together these ingredients together.
- Add the shrimp or tuna that was set aside in the refrigerator to the mixture and top with the remaining lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Toss all ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 30-60 minutes. Stir it gently once or twice to bring flavors together.
- When you are ready to serve top with the fresh chopped cilantro and stir. Place in a decorative serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
Women of Today