We are bringing you this delicious and healthy salad that you will crave all year long!
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we are sharing this new Test Kitchen recipe to add to your date night menu. Our Steak Salad is bursting with depth and flavor. Layered with peppery arugula, creamy goat cheese, sweet corn, pesto, and steak – every bite of this salad is perfection.
Not only is the salad hearty enough to be served as a meal, but it also comes together easily in just 30 minutes!
WOT we love about this dish: You can easily adjust the recipe and trade steak for chicken and goat cheese for feta.
Want to make your pesto from scratch? Try our recipe for Vegan Pesto which goes great with this dish!
Steak Salad with Goat Cheese and Pesto
- 1 Ribeye or skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced
- 1 tbsp rice or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 4 tbsp pesto (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup canned or thawed frozen corn
- 2 oz goat cheese or feta
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients and pour over the steak cover and let marinate 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat your grill pan or outdoor grill and grill your steak or chicken to desired temperature. Once cooked, remove from pan or grill, cover, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In two serving plates or bowls, place 1 cup of arugula in each bowl. Drizzle each bowl with extra virgin olive oil, pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Slice the steak or chicken against the grain and place ½ of the meat on top of each bowl of arugula. Top each bowl with ¼ cup of corn, 2 tablespoons of pesto and ½ of the goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita