This could just be your new go-to shrimp recipe, and we promise it will get your friends and family talking!
We dug deep into our WOT Test Kitchen archives to bring you this recipe… And let’s just say, we are glad we did. It’s a light recipe that is delicious and perfect for summer and let’s be honest: it calls for tequila so we are in!
Since the shrimp is fully cooked, the marinade used in this dish is also a dressing that you serve with the shrimp. No need for any additional cocktail sauces.
What we love about this recipe (besides the amazing taste) is that you can do it all in one bowl and make it ahead of time. In fact, you need to make this recipe ahead of time so all the flavors meld together (the more those amazing flavors can marinate together, the better).
Trust us when we tell you that there is no way you can each just one!
Tequila Marinated Shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 3 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 lbs shrimp, deveined, raw with skin – see cooking directions below.
- extra limes quartered for serving
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Let the marinade sit at room temperature while shrimp is cooking.
- To cook the shrimp – Roast your shrimp on a baking sheet with the skin on in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool until shrimp is cool enough for you to peel. Peel the shrimp – leaving tails intact.
- Put the shrimp in a mixing bowl and while the shrimp is still slightly warm. Pour the marinade/dressing over the shrimp, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or overnight, turning the shrimp every six hours or so.
- To serve place shrimp in a serving bowl and pour marinade/dressing over the shrimp and serve with quartered limes.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita