Think of these as healthy sweet potato fries, but way, way, better!
Meet The Daily Kale’s Grilled Sweet Potato + Cilantro Lime Crema — The snack / side dish or even main course that you never knew you needed! Gluten free (and easily made vegan by using plant-based sour cream), these grilled pieces of sweet potato are pure heaven once drizzled with the Cilantro Lime Crema.
As an added bonus, you are going to want to use this Cilantro Lime Crema on just about anything (think the perfect drizzle for your next Taco Tuesday night).
The Daily Kale’s Grilled Sweet Potato + Cilantro Lime Crema
- 3 sweet potatoes
- pinch of paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt
- avocado oil
- 5 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 jalapeño If you don’t like spicy, don’t add the jalapeño
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1/2 of lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- salt to taste
- Place whole sweet potatoes in a pot and cover them with water. Add a little salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes (or until you can puta fork in it but still has a bit of resistance -definitely don’t want it to be mushy, but needs to be somewhat soft-ish)
- Drain and let cool. Slice sweet potato in half, then cut into wedges.
- Coat the wedges with a little avocado oil and then add on your spices. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Serve with the cilantro lime crema (recipe below), toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro. Or you can just serve them as is with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Blend together until silky smooth.
Recipe by The Daily Kale