If you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser and something you can make ahead, look no further!
This No Fail Slow Cooked BBQ Pork has been on the WOT kitchen rotation for several years and we are finally sharing it with our community. Just like its name, this recipe is truly no fail!
The key to this recipe is simple, we use pork tenderloins and they make all the difference! Lean and full of flavor you don’t have to be concerned with residual grease and fat, just a ton of flavor!
WOT we love about this recipe: It is super simple to make and of course, you can make it ahead!
No Fail Slow Cooked BBQ Pork
- slow cooker
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloin packs (4 tenderloin pieces)
- steak seasoning, salt pepper, garlic powder
- 2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Rinse and pat dry the pork tenderloin pieces. Season with your favorite steak seasoning, or use a combination of salt, pepper, and garlic powder sprinkling evenly over the pork.
- Set the slow cooker to the stovetop or browning mode; add the olive oil, and brown the tenderloins on all sides. You might need to work in two batches so you don’t overcrowd the vessel. This is an important step, if your slow cooker does not have a browning mode, brown the tenderloins on your cooktop in a skillet.
- Once the tenderloins are well browned, place in the slow cooker and add the BBQ sauce to cover.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to each empty BBQ sauce bottle, give it a good shake, and add the liquid to the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours. Turn the tenderloins every couple of hours, reduce the slow cooker to low, and cook for another 2-3 hours or to the point that the meat simply falls apart.
- Using two forks, gently pull apart the pork to the desired size, mix, and serve.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita