If you love potatoes as much as we do, you will love the creamy and crispy potato combination in this dish!
In true Women of Today fashion, if we can find a way to make a make a recipe ahead of time, we do! Not only is this recipe for Smashed Potatoes delicious, but it also gives you that prep-ahead option as well which we love.
We have made this recipe several times (because it’s that good), and you can use red or golden yellow potatoes; the choice is yours. We also used full-size potatoes and that works too. Just try and keep all of your potatoes about the same size.
This recipe is also pretty budget-friendly which we also love. You might think this dish uses a lot of potatoes, but trust us, you probably won’t have any leftover!
- 3-4 pounds red or golden yellow potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- olive oil to drizzle
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a large pot filled with water and the 3 tablespoons of sea salt and all the whole scrubbed potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. At this point, the potatoes can be drained, cooled, and put in the refrigerator covered for up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and add the minced clove of garlic. Stir and set aside.
- Place drained potatoes on a baking sheet. Using a potato masher or a larger serving fork, press down on the potato to “smash” it on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over all the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a small spoon, evenly drizzle the melted butter and garlic mixture on each potato.
- Place the baking sheet into the middle of the 425-degree preheated oven. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the potatoes are brown and crispy.
- Plate the potatoes on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita