If you love potatoes as much as we do, you will love the creamy and crispy potato combination in this dish!
In true Women of Today fashion, if we find a way to make it a make a recipe ahead of time, we do! Not only is this recipe for Smashed Potatoes delicious, but it also gives you that prep-ahead option as well which we love.
We have made this recipe several times (because it’s that good), and you can use red or golden yellow potatoes; the choice is yours. We also used full-size potatoes and that works too. Just try and keep all of your potatoes about the same size.
This recipe is also pretty budget-friendly which we also love. You might think this dish uses a lot of potatoes, but trust us, you probably won’t have any leftover!
- 3-4 pounds red or golden yellow potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- olive oil to drizzle
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a large pot filled with water and the 3 tablespoons of sea salt and all the whole scrubbed potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. At this point, the potatoes can be drained, cooled, and put in the refrigerator covered for up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and add the minced clove of garlic. Stir and set aside.
- Place drained potatoes on a baking sheet. Using a potato masher or a larger serving fork, press down on the potato to “smash” it on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over all the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a small spoon, evenly drizzle the melted butter and garlic mixture on each potato.
- Place the baking sheet into the middle of the 425-degree preheated oven. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the potatoes are brown and crispy.
- Plate the potatoes on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita