Looking for a great summer-inspired coleslaw with a kick? This Cucumber Jalapeño Coleslaw will have you reaching for seconds (or thirds).
A spin on a traditional mayonnaise-based coleslaw recipe, our version includes fresh cucumber and jalapeño to create a perfect flavor combination. Serve it at your next bbq, or as a side dish to any meal. We promise it will be a hit!
Cucumber Jalapeño Coleslaw
- 1 10oz package of shredded cabbage (some brands have carrot in it too, that’s what we used)
- 1 large jalapeño, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1.5 limes, zested and juiced, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, cucumber,jalapeño, onion, cilantro and lime zest.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and all the lime juice. Stir to combine and make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Looking for another coleslaw recipe? Try Camila’s No Mayo Coleslaw.