It is also a super inexpensive recipe to make, and a better-for-you version of coleslaw because it doesn’t have the mayo.
If you watch the video below you’ll see that the amounts for your dressing may change depending on how big your cabbage is, or if you happen to get a dryer cabbage — You may need more oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. But add the extra ingredients slowly if they are needed, and start to find your own groove with the recipe!
Camila's No Mayo Coleslaw
- 1 green cabbage
- 1 large red apple julienned or thin sliced (I used Granny Smith )
- 1/2 or 1/4 red red onion thinly sliced (the amount depends on the size of your cabbage )
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped mint
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Finely shred the cabbage using a mandoline. If you don’t have one, use a sharp knife and shred as fine as you can! The thinner the cabbage, the better this will taste.
- Combine all the other Ingredients and mix together in a large bowl. Taste it as you go to see if it needs any more acidity, moisture or salt!
- Can be served right the way or it gets better next day!