Looking for a fresh + tasty salad that also happens to have no added sugar? This is one recipe you won't want to miss.
As a part of our WOT Sugar Talk series, we are featuring this delicious Fresh Mozzarella with Baby Spinach and Balsamic Reduction salad recipe that checks all the boxes: It’s sweet (naturally), hearty, healthy and of course, contains no added sugar!
The combination of the homemade balsamic reduction along with the tartness of the craisins creates a great flavor profile. Add this salad to your next meal and serve as a first course, or with a protein.
Fresh Mozzarella with Baby Spinach and Balsamic Reduction
- 4 cups Fresh baby spinach
- 2 Fresh Mozzarella balls cut into a total of 16 pieces Cut each ball in half and then each half into four pieces
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- Balsamic reduction Recipe below, need to make one day ahead
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Good quality balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, add the baby spinach, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil ands eason with salt and pepper.
- Using 4 salad plates, plate one cup of dressed baby spinach in each plate.
- Add 4 pieces of fresh mozzarella on top of each portion.
- In the center of each plate add a small amount of craisins.
- Drizzled the balsamic reduction over each portion.
- Serve immediately.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small pot or saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vinegar thickens and is reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes). It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Store in a glass jar in your refrigerator. Keeps for 2 months.