Most of us can agree on how refreshing a crisp margarita tastes - especially in the summer! The only downfall? They can be loaded with sugary syrups that are sure to leave you with that unwanted headache the next morning.
Today Karli, founder of account, TheWellNutt is back on WOT to share her recipe for this better-for-you Skinny Margarita! “I created The WellNutt Skinny Margarita because I love a good marg – but most of the time I opt-out from ordering them because they don’t leave me feeling my best because of the sugar.”
This recipe is made with fresh-squeezed orange and lime juices, tequila, and an optional topper of soda water – that’s it! Simple, slightly tangy, slightly sweet margarita perfection. If you don’t want to spend time doing the fresh-squeezed juice, look for juice at the store that only has one ingredient – lime juice or orange juice. A lot of packaged juices are sweetened with sugar or other additives that aren’t necessary! You will find that using freshly squeezed juice makes ALL the difference here.
If you need a good juice press, here’s a link to a juice press that is compact and affordable!
TheWellNutt’s Freshly Squeezed Skinny Margarita
- 3-4 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4-5 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 shot of tequila (or however much you prefer)
- lots of ice
- soda water
- orange and lime wedges for garnish
- salt for glass rim
- Option to rim your glass with salt
- Shake lime juice, orange juice and tequila in a shaker. Pour over lots of ice. Top with a splash of soda water.
- Add orange or lime wedges for garnish!
Let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Recipe by Karli Nutter | TheWellNutt