If you love a one-pot meal (which we know you do), then this one's for you!
Straight out of the Women of Today Test Kitchen is this hearty Turkey Sweet Potato Bowl that comes together in just 30 minutes! This dish is definitely hearty enough for a full meal, especially if you include all the toppings. Plus, it makes for really delicious leftovers!
WOT we love about this recipe: It is very versatile and easy to make your own! If you prefer vegetarian, add an extra sweet potato. If you like beef over turkey, go ahead and substitute. You can have fun and get creative with the toppings too!
And of course, enjoy the fact that the cleanup is only one dish!
Turkey Sweet Potato Bowl
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced (you can use small, sweet pepper if you don’t like spicy)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 heaping tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced green onion
- Chopped Cilantro
- Corn chips
- In a Dutch Oven or large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions, sliced jalapenos, and minced garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add the ground turkey, breaking it up as it cooks and is no longer pink.
- Add the chili powder, salt, pepper, and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes and chicken stock. Lower heat to medium, cover and let cook for about 5 minutes. Add the beans, stir, and cook for a few minutes more or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve with your favorite garnishes and enjoy!
Looking for more great one pot meals? Here are three of them that we love!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita