Anyone else noticed a lot of edible cookie dough on store shelves lately?
We got inspired to re-create what we were seeing in the grocery store and came up with this 5 Ingredient Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough — But in true WOT fashion, we have made it better for you (obviously).
As you may or may not know, raw flour is dangerous to consume. So when figuring out how to make this Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough we learned a new term and an important step: heat-treating flour. By heat-treating the flour, this step will kill microbes that normally are eliminated with regular baking, making this cookie dough edible in its raw form.
There are some store-bought brands you can find that offer heat-treated flour, but since it is easy to do at home, we added the step in our recipe. This recipe can easily be substituted with regular butter and flour (and then baked into cookies!) but we wanted to give you a gluten free and vegan option!
5 Ingredient - Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened we used WayFare brand
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour heat-treated and completely cooled
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer or whisk, combine the vegan butter, coconut palm sugar, and vanilla extract blend well for a minute or two.
- Slowly add in your heat-treated flour and mix until combined.
- Using a spatula, add in your vegan chocolate chips and mix.
- You can enjoy this immediately or refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread flour on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Give the flour a stir and return to oven for another 3-5 minutes. Cool completely before using.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita