Need to impress for the Holidays? We have you covered!
Once upon a time, it was Thanksgiving and Camila found herself tasked with making not just one, but several turkeys for her holiday celebration. She had a whopping 31 guests at her home at year, and this Bacon Woven Turkey for Thanksgiving was one of the recipes she made… And it was a HUGE hit!
This turkey recipe has become so popular in her house that they tend to make it again and again. If you have never made a turkey this way, we highly recommend it. The woven bacon makes an impressive presentation on any Thanksgiving table, and of course, if you are a bacon lover, then the flavor is amazing.
And, if you have never made a turkey before and are still nervous, just know that this was also the first turkey that Camila ever made. It turned out great!
Bacon Woven Turkey
- 1 whole turkey
- 1 lb. of regular sliced bacon
- parchment paper
- 6 carrots peeled and cut in half
- 2 small onions cut in quarters
- 1 bulb of garlic peeled cloves only
- Fresh rosemary, oregano, or sage leaves to dress the platter.
- Watch the video for a demo on how to make the basket weave for the turkey.
- Place the chilled bacon on top of the turkey and add the carrots, onions, and cloves of garlic to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake turkey at 350 degrees (20 minutes per pound).
- Skim the fat off the drippings and blend the carrots, onions, and garlic to make gravy.
Check out the video below for more!
Photographer: Victor Protasio
Food Stylists: Chelsea Zimmer & Kady Wohlfarth.
Prop Stylists: Claire Spollen & Julia Bayless