This recipe was born on a year that Camila had 31 people staying in her house over Thanksgiving, and out of those 31, only 8 we're kids.
For this particular Thanksgiving, Camila had to make a few turkeys (obviously!). But this Bacon Woven Turkey For Thanksgiving was such a big hit!
In fact, this turkey has become so popular in her house that they tend to make it over and over again. If you have never made a turkey this way, we highly recommend it. The woven bacon makes a very impressive presentation on any Thanksgiving table.
And if you haven’t ever made a turkey before and are still nervous just know that this was also the first turkey that Camila ever made and it turned out great!
Bacon Woven Turkey
- 1 Turkey
- 1 lb of regular sliced bacon
- Parchment paper
- 6 Carrots peeled and cut in half
- 2 Small Onions cut in quarters
- 1 bulb of garlic peeled cloves only
- Watch video for demo on how to make the basket weave for the turkey.
- Place the chilled bacon on top of turkey and the carrots, onions and cloves garlic in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake turkey 350 degrees (20 minutes per pound)
- Skim the fat off the drippings and blend the carrots, onions and garlic to make gravy.
Check out the video below for more!
“Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Hope you’re getting to spend time with family and loved ones. Don’t forget to spread your blessings to the ones you know and the ones you don’t. We have a tradition that every Thanksgiving we go and deliver meals provided by Meals on Wheels. We get to spend time at people’s homes that we have never met. Families in need, but they have so much joy and love to share. That’s one simple thing you can do. You can find out the closet Meals on Wheels in your neighborhood or any other charities close by. Remember, the attitude of gratitude is not something to be practiced once a year, but it’s a whole life practice. With love and gratitude, Beijos xx” — Camila