We just made this quintessential holiday appetizer even better!
We combined our Easy Baked Pears with traditional Baked Brie to create this mouthwatering Baked Brie + Pears appetizer! Every bite is packed with flavor from the creamy brie, sweet pears, tart cherries, nutty walnuts, and salty crackers.
Depending on the size of your brie wheel, you might have pears left, or if you need this appetizer to serve more, you could bake two brie wheels.
WOT we love about this recipe: The baked pears can be made ahead of time, and bonus, the pears are a lot easier to slice after they have been refrigerated.
Baked Brie with Pears
- 3 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, sliced in half, and cored
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup water
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 large brie wheel
- 1 tbsp. craisins, chopped
- maple syrup
- crostini or crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a baking dish large enough to fit the pears arrange your peeled, halved, and cored pears with the cored side up.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over pears.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the pears and top with crushed nuts and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Add the ½ cup hot water to the baking dish by pouring it into the baking dish starting from the edge of the baking dish.
- Loosely cover the baking dish with parchment paper, and bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until pears are fork tender.
- Remove the parchment paper and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and pears are tender.
- Let pears cool enough to slice or at this point, you can refrigerate them until you are ready to assemble and bake the brie.
- When ready to bake the brie, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the brie wheel in the middle of a small baking dish.
- Gently slice the 3-5 halves of the cooked baked pears and arrange on top of the brie wheel.
- Sprinkle the chopped Craisins on top of the brie wheel and top with a very light drizzle of maple syrup.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 15-25 minutes or until the brie is very soft. The time will vary depending on the size of your brie wheel.
- Serve with crostini or crackers.