An easy and healthy dessert with just five ingredients? Sign us up!
Straight out of the Women of Today Test Kitchen are these Easy Baked Pears which are the holiday season (and beyond) dessert you didn’t know you needed. Not only are they a better-for-you sweet treat, but they are also so incredibly easy to make!
We like to make these as a dessert, but don’t stop there… You can also serve them with Greek yogurt and make them for breakfast — because, why not?
The smell of these delicious pears cooking will instantly give you those cozy holiday vibes and you will want to make them again and again.
Easy Baked Pears
- 8 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, sliced in half and cored
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Greek plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a baking dish large enough to fit the pears arrange your peeled, halved, and cored pears.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over pears.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the pears and top with crushed nuts and pinch of nutmeg.
- Add the ½ cup hot water to the baking dish by pouring it into the baking dish starting from the edge of the baking dish.
- Loosely cover the baking dish with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and pears are tender.
- Severe with Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita