Healthy, tasty, and quick! This snack checks all the boxes.
One of our go-to snacks is this Baked Edamame! This crunchy and satisfying snack is a complete source of protein and is easy to grab on-the-go (or add to school lunches).
If you aren’t familiar with edamame, it is a type of soybean that has been around for over 2,000 years and is popular in Asian diets. You have likely had it at a sushi restaurant and you can typically find edamame in the freezer section at your grocery store.
WOT we love about this recipe is that you can get very creative with your spices… Want to make them spicier or saltier? Go ahead and play with your spice cabinet! There are endless ways to make this recipe your own.
One tip to know is that you do not eat the shells! To make it easy, you can buy pre-shelled edamame.
Baked Edamame Snack
- 16 oz. bag of frozen shelled edamame
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite seasoning, we used steak seasoning
- Pre-heat the oven or broiler to 450 degrees.
- Place all shelled edamame on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the edamame, add the salt and your favorite seasonings.
- Use your hands and toss the edamame.
- Cook for 10 minutes in the oven then remove.
- Gently shake the baking sheet to loosen the edamame.
- Return to oven and cook for another 10 minutes.