You don't need the crust to have pizza!
One lunch we love to make is these Bell Pepper Pizzas! They eliminate any pizza crust and keep things a little healthier!
Bell Pepper Pizzas
- 3 large bell peppers, one of each color for presentation; green, yellow, red, or orange
- 1/2 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce, oregano or basil spice adds great flavor
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half, cleaning out the seeds and ribs.
- Position on a baking sheet with the cut side of the pepper facing up.
- Brush the sauce inside each pepper half, coating well.
- Sprinkle half the pepperoni inside each pepper, sprinkle with half the red pepper flakes, and half the basil.
- Add the mozzarella cheese to each pepper and top with the balance of the pepperoni, red pepper flakes, and basil.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes in the oven, until golden brown.
- Add additional red pepper flakes or basil to taste.