If you're looking for an easy and delicious appetizer, look no further!
Meet our Baked Feta Phyllo Bites: Greek-style feta, a hint of herbs, and a touch of fresh cracked black pepper, all nestled within layers of golden phyllo pastry.
This recipe is straightforward; however, following the package directions for the phyllo dough is essential. Most phyllo dough requires defrosting for about five hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
WOT tip for those unfamiliar with phyllo dough: if you have yet to work with phyllo dough, have damp paper towels ready to place over the unrolled dough while putting the final touches on the ingredients. Once phyllo dough is unrolled, it can dry out quickly if not covered with damp paper towels. Once your phyllo dough is ready, this quick and easy app can be made and reheated ahead of time.
Baked Feta Phyllo Bites
- 8 oz Greek-style feta
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp herbs, finely chopped (parsley, thyme, etc)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Honey to drizzle
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut feta into 16 equal cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and stir through herbs with fresh cracked pepper.
- Add feta cubes and toss to coat.
- Lay the three phyllo sheets in a stack and cut in half down the length, then across so you have 16 rectangles.
- Take one rectangle and place a piece of feta at one end. Roll up and wrap in the phyllo to create a roll.
- Brush the outside with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place on the prepared baking tray.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have 16 rolls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Place on a serving platter and drizzle with honey and serve.
All images by Lorianne DeVita