These better-for-you cookies are vegan and gluten-free and don’t have any added sugar! If you use a banana that is brown and ripe and sweet you won't even miss the sugar.
There are a lot of other reasons to make these cookies by Dada Eats, but we love that they live in the freezer and make them a perfect grab-and-go sweet treat.
If you do miss the sugar, you can definitely add a tbsp or two of maple syrup if you’d like it sweeter, but we don’t think you’ll need it if your banana is extra ripe!
Banana Bread Freezer Cookies
- 1 very ripe, nearly perished banana
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (almond, cashew, sunbutter also work)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (mini would be cute here)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Mash ripe banana and mix it with the nut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour and coconut flour - mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Form into cookies (mine made about 6 small ones) and place in the freezer while you make the chocolate coating.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in your microwave or by using a double boiler.
- Remove cookies from freezer, coat in the melted chocolate, and place back in freezer.
Want to see more great recipes from Dada Eats? Be sure and follow her on Instagram!