The WOT Test Kitchen whipped up this incredibly easy to follow recipe using one of our favorite ingredients….tequila!
Around here we love tacos and we love tequila so marrying the two into one recipe felt like a natural fit for us. The best part of this recipe is it freezes great. So, if you have any leftovers, put them in the freezer and you will have dinner ready on a night you do not have time to cook.
You can also watch Camila make this easy recipe step-by-step on The Kelly Clarkson Show!
All it takes to whip this dish up are four easy steps:
Step 1: Sautee your veggies
Step 2: Cook your turkey meat
Step 3: Combine cooked turkey, vegetables and spices
Step 4: Enjoy with a tortilla of your choice!
Turkey Tequila Tacos
- 3 tsp Olive oil
- 3 Small onions, diced Or two large onions
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Peppers (green, red or any color pepper you like) diced
- 3 lbs Ground turkey (do not use extra lean turkey)
- 3 Heaping tablespoons of chili powder
- 3 tbsp Paprika
- 3 tbsp Tequila
- Corse salt and ground black pepper
- Taco shells or soft tortillas for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and sauté for five minutes, add the diced peppers and garlic, sauté for another five minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cooked onions, peppers, and garlic, set aside.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and breaking it up while it begins to brown.
- Add the chili powder and paprika and cook for ten minutes.
- Add the tequila and cook for another ten minutes.
- Return the cooked onions, peppers and garlic to the pan and cook for ten minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco shells and garnishes.
If you make these tacos, be sure to share a photo with us on the WOT Instagram… We would love to see them!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita