We did it! We found someone who came up with a doughnut that is guilt-free!
We’ve got your next coffee break or party covered with these healthier oven-baked donuts that come in at just under 135 calories each!
Packed with sugar and deep-fried, donuts are usually at the top of the “no-go” list for any healthy eater. These spiced apple cider donuts are a guilt-free alternative to a Krispy crème — Saving you 8 grams of fat and 7 grams of sugar compared to an Original Glazed often deemed the healthiest option at the fast-food chain. This great recipe is by Carmen of Every Last Bite. She swapped refined sugar for apple cider and apple sauce to naturally sweeten the donuts and used nonfat Greek yogurt to make them deliciously moist.
Better-For-You Spiced Apple Cider Donuts
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2/3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. apple sauce
- 2 tbsp. nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp . cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Place the apple cider in a pot on the stove over high heat and boil until the liquid has been reduced to 1/4 cup.
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients including the reduced apple cider. Stir everything together until well combined. Pour the batter into the greased donut pan and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan.
- The donuts can be served plain, topped with icing sugar, or dipped in melted coconut oil and then rolled in sugar and cinnamon.
Recipe by Carmen of Every Last Bite