It's that time of year again! Blueberries are fresh and in season and the days are getting warmer!
Today I’m showing you guys how to make a very easy and delicious, better-for-you Blueberry Banana Nice Cream.
Before we get started, I have some great tips for making your blueberries last longer. Check out the video below to get the most of your berries. HINT: You are going to want to use some vinegar!
Now, for the fun part: Making nice cream! That’s right, I said “nice cream” — It’s healthy, it’s better-for-you and it’s a frozen treat that the whole family will love. This dessert is a huge hit with my family and as soon as I make some, it’s gone!
Bonus, this recipe contains no refined sugar!! Instead, I use monkfruit which still creates a sweet and delicious flavor. Check out the video below for a step-by-step guide on how to make this recipe.
Camila's Blueberry Banana Nice Cream
- High Power Blender
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 bananas (not overly ripe)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp monkfruit or organic sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 -3/4 cup coconut milk step 3
- frozen banana slices
- 1/2 cup chilled blueberry sauce extra will be used totop the blueberry nice cream
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup coconut milk you may not need all of it
- Peel and slice bananas not overly ripe bananasand lay slices on parchments covered sheet pan. Freeze for 4-6 hours.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the blueberries, water, sugar, and vanilla. Cook until blueberries begin to burst, about 8 minutes. Using a potato masher, gently mash the blueberries in the sauce mixture.
- Pour sauce mixture through a mesh strainer, using the back of a spoon to get as much liquid to pass through. Discard the blueberry skins in strainer and chill blueberry syrup in refrigerator. Youwill yield about ¾ of a cup of blueberry sauce.
- In a blender, add the frozen banana slices, 1/2 cup blueberry sauce and ½ cup coconut milk in your blender. Start on low and gradually increase speed. Depending on your blender, you might need to add more coconut milk, just a little at a time until the consistency looks like a frozen yogurt.
- Once blended, scoop mixture and spread evenly intoa loaf pan or a glass dish and freeze.
- Mix once an hour with large spoon for a couple of hours. If it freezes solid, remove from freezer, and let sit 15 minutes at room temperature before scooping.
- Serve immediately and top with extra blueberry syrup.
Make sure to serve this recipe right away, it’s much better when it’s fresh!
Making this recipe? Be sure to share it with us over on the WOT Instagram!
This article is sponsored by H-E-B.