I hope you like this fish recipe as much as I do! I’ve been cooking it for years now and wanted to share it with you all … especially if you’re looking for that special something to make at home. *Important Tip – call your grocery or fish store ahead of time to order or make sure they have Banzino available. If they do, ask your fish store to butterfly and clean the fish REALLY well. And check before you leave!
Lemon Rosemary Branzino Dinner
- 2 Branzino whole fish cleaned (head and tail)…..ok…ok…if you are not brave enough for the head ask the butcher to remove it…it won't looks as good but is fine!
- 3 lemons
- 2 large cloves of garlic, each clove sliced lengthwise to get three pieces per clove
- 1 bunch rosemary, large
- flake salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put flake salt on both sides of the fish and inside the fish. Salt to taste! Remember you can always add salt once it is almost all the way cooked and this kind of fish can take a lot of salt!
- Squeeze 1 1/2 lemons on each fish. Basically half a lemon per side and inside.
- Make three slits on top of the fish in a diagonal design.** Tip make the slips from the base of the knife up.
- Insert one piece of garlic into the diagonal slit using all 6 slices of garlic.
- Insert 3 sprigs of rosemary diagonal inside each fish.
- Cook fish uncovered in a 400 degree for 20 minutes. Then, turn the broiler on high or 450 degrees and broil for another 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy skin.
Side of Baby Potatoes and Carrots
- 24 oz bag small round multicolored potatoes
- 7 oz bag organic baby carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 generous pinches flake salt
- 1-2 tbsp your favorite seasoning your taste *I like steak seasoning
- Boil the potatoes and carrots in a large pot of water until fork tender. Approximately 10- 15 minutes. Drain vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok. Add the chopped garlic until lightly browned.
- Add the drained vegetables, flake salt, and 1 or 2 tablespoon of your favorite seasoning. Then toss to coat and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with the Branzino I like to serve it all in the same plate for a Mediterranean presentation! Hun….I can see the sea!