If you are looking for a meatless meal idea, this one is for you!
We are always looking for delicious + filling vegetarian recipes to add to our dinner rotation and this Cauliflower Baked Parmesan recipe by @sweetketolife is a creative spin on classic chicken parmesan.
Using a meaty cauliflower steak instead of chicken is the perfect substitution for meat and we dare say… you may not even miss the chicken. This dish has a great flavor and honestly feels just as hearty as the meat version.
We love the combination of flavors and that this can be your main course or make a great side dish too.
Cauliflower Baked Parmesan
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ⅔ cup almond flower
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Cut the cauliflower into about 2/3-inch slices. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix almond flour, grated parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, paprika, and salt until well blended. Transfer the mixture to a flat plate and set aside.
- Whisk together an egg with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour onto a flat plate. Dip the cauliflower slices into the egg on both sides, then press into the “breading” mixture (making sure it is coated on both sides). Place it on a parchment paper prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all slices of cauliflower are coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower slices bake, mix the sauce ingredients until fully combined.
- Take the cauliflower slices out of the oven, add sauce and mozzarella cheese, and place back in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Take out of the oven and top off with fresh parsley.
Recipe and photo by @sweetketolife