If you are looking for a meatless meal idea, this one is for you!
We are always looking for delicious + filling vegetarian recipes to add to our dinner rotation and this Cauliflower Baked Parmesan recipe by @sweetketolife is a creative spin on classic chicken parmesan.
Using a meaty cauliflower steak instead of chicken is the perfect substitution for meat and we dare say… you may not even miss the chicken. This dish has a great flavor and honestly feels just as hearty as the meat version.
We love the combination of flavors and that this can be your main course or make a great side dish too.
Cauliflower Baked Parmesan
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ⅔ cup almond flower
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Cut your cauliflower to about 2/3 inch slices. Set aside.
- Mix together almond flour, grated parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, paprika, and salt. Place it in a flat plate. Set aside.
- Whisk together an egg with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour it to a flat plate. Dip the cauliflower slices into the egg on both sides. Then transfer to the “breading” mixture. Make sure is coated on both sides. Place it on a parchment paper prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all are coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes. While its baking, mix your sauce ingredients until fully combined. Take the cauliflower out of the oven and add sauce and mozzarella cheese. Place back in the oven for 15 more minutes. Top it off with fresh parsley.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Recipe and photo by @sweetketolife