Chef Kristen Kish is back on WOT and sharing her recipe for this great Creamy Zucchini Dip.
Camila and Kristen Kish just completed our fourth and final week of the Women of Today August Chef Series! Together they made Kristen’s Quick Veggie Bolognese + Ricotta Gnudi that you will not want to miss…. You can check out that LIVE and the recipe here.
Today, Chef Kristen Kish is sharing with us another one of her great recipes: This (vegan and gluten free) Creamy Zucchini Dip. This dip is also great when used as a sauce on protein (vegan or non-vegan) and can also be used as a creamy salad dressing!
Chef Kristen Kish's Creamy Zucchini Dip
- 6 oz (about 1 medium) green zucchini – cut into chunks
- 1 oz almonds, toasted or raw
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 large mint leaves and / or basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Using a blender of your choice (I use a nutribullet for this) blend all ingredients together until creamy and smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
About Chef Kristen Kish
Kristen Kish was born in Seoul, South Korea, and grew up in Kentwood, Michigan. She worked as a model in high school and later attended Le Cordon Bleu in Chicago, earning an A.A. in culinary arts. Kish competed in Bravo’s Top Chef in 2012. She made it into the main competition by surviving a soup challenge judged by Emeril Lagasse. In the finale, Kish was crowned the Top Chef, becoming the first competitor to win after winning “Last Chance Kitchen” and the second female winner in the history of the Top Chef franchise. In 2017, she released a book of recipes co-authored with Meredith Erickson, Kristen Kish Cooking: Recipes and Techniques. In May 2018, Kish became chef at her new restaurant Arlo Grey in Austin, Texas.
And finally, If you missed any of our other August Chef Series, you can check them out here!