If Mexican flavors are your thing, then this chicken recipe is going to become one of your new go-to dishes
Okay so it doesn’t actually have to be Taco Tuesday to make this Chili, Cilantro & Lime Chicken… But, it is one of our favorite things to wrap up in a tortilla or serve over a salad! This chicken is very flavorful and healthy, and it is one of those recipes that will probably become a go-to dish in your home.
Our best tip for this dish is to make it in the morning, and let the chicken marinate all day in the refrigerator — The longer you can let it marinate, the better those flavors are going to be! Have a look at the video below to check out Camila making this easy and tasty recipe.
You can serve this chicken however you like — Wrapped up in a tortilla, over a salad, over rice, or even just all on it’s own!
Chili, Cilantro & Lime Chicken
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (sliced into strips)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 tbsp chili powder (mild)
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili powder (this will add heat, if you prefer mild, do not add)
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced (divided)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced (this will add heat, if you prefer mild, do not add)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- flake salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tequila (optional)
- 1 lime, sliced
- In a shallow bowl, combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon of the minced garlic, chili powders, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil. Toss to coat chicken with garlic and chili powder.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The longer the flavors meld together, the taster the chicken. If you prep this step in the morning, this dish will make an easy dinner.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sliced peppers, sliced onions and remaining 1 tablespoon of garlic. Season with a good pinch of salt and ground pepper. Cook until onions begin to soften.
- Add the marinated chicken strips to the pan and cook until chicken is firm,about 10 minutes. If the spices begin to adhere to the bottom of the pan, you can deglaze the pan with *optional ¼ cup of tequila, or water. Stir to combine.
- To Serve: Plate desired amount on tortilla or serve on top of your favorite dressed tossed salad.