Looking for a dessert option this that isn’t too sweet or full of refined sugar? We’ve got just the recipe for you — These Cinnamon Baked Apples with Nuts + Coconut Sugar definitely satisfy any sweet tooth, and require such little prep work that you’ll be making them all holiday long (and beyond!)
All you’ll need are some great quality organic apples (we used red, but you can also use Granny Smith), chopped walnuts or pecans, coconut sugar, organic butter, cinnamon and water. Throw them in the oven for 40-45 minutes and you’re all set! Be sure to serve quickly after cooling so your apples stay nice and plump!
Cinnamon Baked Apples with Nuts + Coconut Sugar
- 4 organic apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp organic butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a paring knife or apple corer, remove the stem and seeds from the apples, making a deep hole where the filling will go.
- Combine the coconut sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Add the nuts. Spoon the mixture evenly into each of the apples.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to a baking dish and place apples on top.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon the sauce drippings from the pan over the apples.
Recipe modified from Tastes Better From Scratch
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today