This recipe will make it look, and taste, like you've been cooking all day!
This beautiful Citrus Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Chicken from @brightmomentco is one of those recipes that makes it look like you spent the entire day in the kitchen, but in reality, it’s incredibly simple to bring together! Plus, this dish is equally as delicious as it is beautiful. The chicken has a crispy skin, incredible flavor, and is so juicy.
WOT we love about this recipe: The chicken can be roasted up to 4 days ahead of serving. Lauren from Bright Moment Co recommends storing the sliced or shredded chicken in an airtight container to keep in the fridge after roasting.
Citrus Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Chicken
- 4 lbs Chicken, giblets + neck removed from cavity
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano (or 1 tbsp. dried oregano)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon, stuffing
- 1 garlic head, for stuffing
- Baby Potatoes
- Preheat oven to Conventional Roast 430F.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, chopped parsley and oregano, minced garlic, and fresh rosemary. Mix together.
- Place the chicken in a large casserole dish.
- Generously season the chicken with salt (for an extra crispy skin).
- Brush half of the mixture generously over both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast side up.
- Slice the top portion off the garlic head to reveal the cloves inside. Stuff with the sliced half lemon into the chicken. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- (Optional) Add the carrots and potatoes around the chicken. Brush with the extra sauce.
- Brush the remaining sauce mixture evenly over the breast side of the chicken.
- Roast for 1 hour 20 minutes, basting halfway, or until juices run clear when pierced with skewer or knife.
- Baste again after roasting, then broil for 3-5 minutes, until golden on top.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and micro greens before enjoying warm!
Recipe and images shared from Bright Moment Co.