If you have 5 minutes and 3 ingredients then you too can make the perfect French omelette!
Straight out of the WOT Test Kitchen is this easy and mouthwatering Classic French Omelette! This dish effortlessly combines the richness of eggs with the irresistible creaminess of Swiss cheese. The French usually use Swiss or Gruyere in their omelets but feel free to add your shredded cheese of choice.
The art of crafting the perfect French omelette lies in mastering the delicate balance of high heat cooking. This technique ensures that the eggs set quickly, creating a velvety texture that melts in your mouth, while also avoiding any undesirable browning.
Whether you savor it for a decadent breakfast, a quick brunch, or a delightful dinner, our Classic French Omelette is sure to become a favorite!
Classic French Omelette
- 3 large eggs
- Pinch of coarse salt
- ¼ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Pat of butter
- Add the three eggs and a pinch of salt in a medium mixing bowl. Using a fork, whisk the three eggs together until well combined.
- Over medium-high heat, add a pat of butter to an 8” or 9” pan. Melt butter and swirl in the pan to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Give the eggs another quick whisk and add to the pan. Swirl the eggs to evenly coat the bottom of the pan and let cook for a couple of minutes. Depending on the pan, use a spatula and push the edges of the omelet inward to have any uncooked egg spread to the edge of the pan.
- Cook until eggs are just to the point of your desired doneness. Add the shredded cheese in the middle of the omelet, and using a spatula, fold the two edges of the omelette towards the center.
- Turn the omelette onto a plate and serve immediately.
Want to know WOT pan we were using to make this?
Check it out HERE!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita