Out of the Women of Today Test Kitchen this week comes something seasonal and sweet!
We made these soft and chewy Cranberry Chocolate Pistachio Cookies and trust us when we say, they are delicious! Not too sweet, but just the right amount, these cookies are perfect for the holiday season!
This recipe is also a very easy one to whip together and the whole thing from start to finish takes about an hour.
One thing to know: these cookies don’t brown very much so watch for that as they are baking.
Oh… and did we mention they are soft and chewy?
Cranberry Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachio nuts (reserving 1 tablespoon)
- Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated.
- Fold in the cranberries, dark chocolate chips, and pistachio nuts.
- Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet and flatten to the desired thickness and width using a spatula.
- Gently press the remaining pistachio nuts into the tops.
- Bake at 325°F for 10-15m or until cookie is set. These cookies only lightly brown.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita
Recipe inspired by Amy’s Healthy Baking