Throw all of the ingredients for this Healthy Crockpot Sesame Chicken recipe into your slow cooker and have dinner ready in no time.
Fit Foodie Finds‘ Healthy Crock Pot Chicken recipes are kid-friendly, serve a crowd, and make for tasty leftovers.
Want to know the best part about owning a crockpot AKA slow cooker? They are seasonal year-round! You heard us, we keep ours out all year because we love it so much! By the way, this slow cooker is very similar to the one in our test kitchen and currently sells for under $50 on Amazon!
Crockpot Sesame Chicken Recipe
- First, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, minced garlic, and sriracha in a bowl.
- Turn the crockpot to high and let cook for 1.5-2 hours. Alternatively, cook on low for 6-8.
- At 1.5 hours, check the chicken breasts to see if they are fully cooked (not pink in the middle). Once they are cooked, take the chicken breast out and shred them using two forks.
- Before placing the shredded chicken back into the crock pot, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to the sauce and whisk until it dissolves. Place the shredded chicken back into the pot, add sesame seeds, mix with sauce, and let cook for an additional 30 minutes on high.
- Serve with white sticky rice, steamed broccoli, and more sesame seeds.
We plated our healthy sesame chicken with some white sticky rice and steamed broccoli, but you’re more than welcome to use quinoa or brown rice and serve it with any vegetable you want! Here are more ideas:
- grains: quinoa, brown rice, fried rice, or cauliflower rice
- veggies: peppers, onions, mushrooms, or cauliflower
Recipe shared by Fit Foodie Finds