There is nothing we love more around here than a great holiday salad!
About a decade ago Brussels sprouts made a huge splash and became popular not just in home kitchens but restaurant kitchens too. We quickly hopped aboard the sprouts train and haven’t looked back. All of the ways to prepare them, roasting, grilling, deep-frying, one of our favorite ways to eat Brussels sprouts is raw! And there’s no better place to do that than in a salad.
Making a Brussels sprouts salad sounds intimidating, but it doesn’t actually require much prep. Tossed with a combo of toasted almonds, shaved Parmesan, and pomegranate seeds, it’s the best side for any get-together, most especially your fancy holiday dinner.
Delish.com's Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- shaved Parmesan, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper until combined.
- Add Brussels sprouts and toss until completely coated.
- Let sit, tossing occasionally, for at least 20 minutes and up to 4 hours before serving.
- Fold in almonds and pomegranate seeds and garnish with shaved Parmesan before serving.
Images, text, and recipe shared from delish.com by Lindsay Maitland Hunt