You can’t have Halloween without ghosts, right? We had to share this super easy DIY project that not only shakes up the classic hanging sheets we always see, but will also get the kids excited about science! Watch the balloon expand with three simple ingredients: baking soda, vinegar and water! We recommend making these right before you are ready to display them – They will stay inflated for a few hours!
We purchased these ghost balloons but you can opt for a plain white balloon and draw on your own personal ghost face using black permanent marker!
Spooky Expanding Ghost Balloon
- Empty water bottle
- Small funnel or piece of paper rolled into a cone!
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Pour 1/2 cup of vinegar into an empty water bottle.
- Place the funnel into the open end of the deflated balloon and pour in the baking soda.
- Secure the open end of the balloon onto the top of the bottle, being careful not to dump the contents of the balloon into the bottle quite yet.
- When you're ready, hold the balloon upright allowing the baking soda to fall into the bottle and mix with the vinegar.
- Watch the ghost grow!
DIY inspired by BitznGiggles
Women of Today