We love a good salad in general, but especially love when the recipe is an easy one to do!
Today we are sharing this recipe creation from one of our Women of Today community members, Melissa Chambliss.
Melissa told us about a raw zucchini salad she came up with when she was looking to see what she could make with the ingredients she had on hand, hey, we’ve all been there before! It’s fresh, quick, and checks all the boxes for taste.
Give this one a try if you have never tried raw zucchini because it is a must-try!
Easy Avocado & Zucchini Salad
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 Kumato tomato, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/8 red onion, fine chopped
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzle
- 2-3 fresh lemon wedges
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Cut zucchini lengthwise then slice thin half-moon shapes, place in mixing bowl.
- Add the Kumato tomato, avocado,red onion, basil to the mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the mixture, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Toss to coat and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Have a great recipe to share with us? Email us here, we would love to try it!
Photos and recipe by Melissa Chambliss