Elevate your menu this holiday season with this easy recipe!
Looking for a meal that is impressive but simple to make this holiday season? Our Easy Chicken Marsala is for you and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! We made this delicious and savory dish gluten-free, making it perfect to serve for those with sensitivities.
And because you know we love a great one-pot meal around here… This dish can be reheated easily if you plan on making it ahead of time or if you have any leftovers.
WOT else we love about this recipe: The Marsala sauce! It combines Marsala wine, garlic, and heavy cream to make an irresistible velvety sauce. When we tell you that you’re going to want to make this dish over and over, we aren’t kidding…
Easy Chicken Marsala
- 16 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, divided per directions
- ⅓ cup gluten free all-purpose flour or all-purpose flour
- pinch of Kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1½ cups Marsala wine
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- fresh chopped parsley
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add all the sliced mushrooms. Cover and cook for 2-4 minutes before stirring. Cook the mushrooms down until all the liquid has evaporated, this can take another 5 minutes. Once the liquid has evaporated, add the butter to the skillet, stir, and cook the mushrooms until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- While mushrooms are cooking, prepare the chicken by slicing each chicken breast in half lengthwise and then cutting each lengthwise piece in half, making 4 cutlets per chicken breast to give you 12 chicken cutlets.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir the flour mixture, combining the salt and pepper.
- Once mushrooms have been removed from the skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet over medium heat.
- Working one cutlet at a time, dredge both sides of the cutlet in the seasoned flour mixture, shake the excess off flour, and place in the preheated and oiled skillet. Cook the cutlets until golden brown, turning the cutlets to brown on both sides. Remove the browned cutlets from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic to the skillet, stir to combine, and cook for about one minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the Marsala wine to the skillet, stirring and scraping all the fond off the bottom of the pan. Cook Marsala for 1 minute.
- Return the cooked mushrooms to the skillet and gently stir them in the Marsala wine.
- Slowly add the heavy cream to the skillet, lower the heat, and stir the sauce to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the browned chicken cutlets to the skillet, nestling them in the sauce. Cover the skillet and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes until chicken cutlets are cooked. The sauce will thicken while cooking. Spoon sauce over the cutlets as needed during this cooking time.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
All images by Lorianne DeVita