This is not your average burger patty...
For those who want something a little more than your average burger, let us introduce to your our latest WOT Test Kitchen recipe for Easy Polpette Al Vino Blanco with Spring Mix — Think of it as a fancy, flavorful burger patty on top of a beautiful mixed greens salad.
These delicious patties combine two types of meat along with breadcrumbs, herbs, cheese and white wine to create a mouth-watering meal that is light and delicious alongside a salad.
This recipe makes for a beautiful lunch or dinner, and as an added bonus, you can get it prepped ahead of time.
Looking for another protein packed salad option? Try our Roasted Shrimp and Avocado Salad.
Easy Polpette Al Vino Blanco with Spring Mix
- .75 lb ground chicken
- .75 lb pork or beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plain)
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (save the rest for dinner!)
- spring mix
- olive oil and vinegar
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges
- Earlier in the Day or the night before, combine the meat,breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, eggs, and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook. Place flour in bowl or pie plate. Heat oil over medium heat in frying pan. Shape your meat patties into palm size 1”high patties. Dust each side of the patty lightly with flour and cook in pan until golden brown on both sides, about 5-7 minutes. Add the wine and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- While patties are simmering, mix your salad together. In a large bowl, combine your Spring Mix greens and lightly drizzle with olive oil,your favorite vinegar, salt and pepper. Gently toss.
- To serve, plate salad for each serving and top with desired number of patties and a wedge of lemon.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram!