If you've never made roasted garlic, you're missing out!
This is one of the easiest hacks to bring out the best flavor in your garlic and can be used in another recipe or on its own as a spread. Roasting garlic makes the flavor more complex with a touch of sweetness. It’s also creamier in texture and easy to spread, which makes it a perfect topping for crackers or French bread, mashing into potatoes, or adding to soups and sauces.
Tip: Roasted garlic is especially delicious when mixed with olive oil and used as a dipping oil.
Easy Roasted Garlic
- 1 garlic bulb
- drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the top of the garlic bulb, exposing some of the garlic.
- Place in an ovenproof small baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover tightly with a lid or parchment paper
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the garlic is nicely browned.
- Remove from oven, let cool enough to touch, and remove the individual cloves of garlic from the bulb.
- Mash the roasted cloves with the back of a fork to create a paste.
- You can store the roasted garlic paste in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!