This homemade dip checks all the boxes: easy to make, healthy, and delicious!
Chef Dale Mackay is back with another irresistible and easy recipe! This time he is combining two of our favorite things — Beets and hummus to create this fresh and healthy dip that is perfect for your next gathering.
Serve this with crackers and vegetables, or even make a simple cucumber canape!
WOT we love about this recipe: The goat cheese and fresh dill perfectly complement the hummus! We recommend not skipping this step.
Homemade Beet Hummus
- 1 cup Beets Peeled, ½ inch piece
- 1 cup Canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Goat Cheese
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped
- Place beets in a pot with about 2 ½ cups of water on med-high heat with a lid on.
- After about 15-20 minutes, take the lid off and keep cooking.
- When the beets are quite soft, and there is a little bit of water left, add chickpeas and garlic.
- Turn heat down to medium and continue to cook until all liquid is almost gone.
- Add to blender with all other ingredients and blend for about 2 minutes until nice and smooth. Taste to check seasoning.
- Place in a bowl and garnish with goat cheese and dill or whatever you like on top.
- Serve cool or room temperature.
Want to try another one of Chef Dale Mackay’s recipes? Try his Thai Chicken Wings!
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Recipe by Chef Dale Mackay and photography by Bob Deutscher