We've never met a chicken wing that we haven't loved, and this twist may be our new favorite!
Today we welcome Canadian Top Chef winner Chef Dale Mackay to Women of Today, and he is showing us how to make these delicious Thai Chicken Wings just in time for the Super Bowl.
This spin on chicken wings is a flavor combination you can’t resist! We suggest making more than one batch for a get-together. They are the perfect mix of sweet and tangy with a touch of spice!
This recipe calls for an air fryer, but they can also be made in the oven too!
Air Fried Thai Chicken Wings
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Food Processor
- ¼ cup Lemon Grass
- ¼ cup Garlic
- 2-3 Red Thai Chili
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp Lime Zest
- Add lemongrass, garlic and chilis to food processor for about 1 minute. Make sure it’s all chopped fine. Add honey and lime juice and mix for another 1 minute.
- Set aside until wings are almost finished.
- Lay wings in paper towel and pat to make sure they are very dry.
- Season wing well with salt.
- Add ½ Tbsp of vegetable oil to air fryer and let heat up. If you have a small air fryer its best to cook in 2 batches. This will help to not over crowd the air fryer so the wings will brown instead of steam and make the bottom liquidy.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes on 400F turning the wings halfway.
- The last 2-3 minutes, add your lemongrass mixture to the wings and mix well. Continue to cook and stir for a couple minutes until the honey and lime juice have reduced and the wings are well coated and sticky.
- Add chopped cilantro and lime zest, mix and serve.
- Set oven at 420F on convection.
- Place wings on sheet tray after seasoning them with salt. Don’t over crowd the sheet pan to ensure they will brown.
- Turn them over after 10 mins and brown the other side for another 10. When brown carefully put them in a bowl and toss them with your lemon grass mix and place them back on your sheet tray and cook for another few mins, turning them a couple time so they get sticky as the liquid reduces.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro and lime zest over them and serve.