Here is a new recipe with a twist on a classic that will have people asking you what your secret ingredient is!
This dish is easy and tasty — Two of our favorite combinations when it comes to a recipe. The secret ingredient in this Easy Savory Chicken Salad (at least for a little while) is rosemary!
Feel free to get creative, like we did, with what you put your Easy Savory Chicken Salad on. We have tried toasted sourdough rounds, naan, mixed greens, and low-carb wraps. If you’re using wraps, try a little arugula in your wrap.
Tip – If you do not have time to make this recipe, you can purchase store-bought chicken salad and add the fresh rosemary, red onion, and celery.
Easy Savory Chicken Salad
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayo or alternate mayo (more to taste)
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- fresh springs of rosemary
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, diced red onion, fine chopped celery and finely chopped rosemary.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Cider vinegar, mayo, sea salt and pepper. Whisk to incorporate well.
- Pour dressing over the chicken and vegetables and toss to combine. Adding more mayo if needed.
This is a great summertime salad. Let us know what you think about the addition of the rosemary!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita