Healthy and cookie in the same sentence?
Say hello to our new favorite snack, Cookie Dough Energy Bites! They feature just the right amount of healthy protein and sweetness, and who does not love chia seeds and peanut butter as much as we do? These crowd-pleasers will get you through long days when hunger strikes between meals!
They are packed full of simple, organic, and filling ingredients. They are perfect to grab as breakfast on the go, to keep in your bag as a snack, and to help satisfy those sweet tooth cravings without guilt! Our recipe makes as many as 40 bites, so feel free to freeze them to make them last longer!
Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter, or almond butter as a substitute
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse the oats and the coconut until coarsely ground.
- Add peanut butter, honey, chia seeds, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips; pulse again until well-mixed and the chocolate chips are cut into smaller pieces.
- Roll into balls. If too dry, add a little more honey and peanut butter and mix again.
- Freeze until solid. Store in the freezer or refrigerator.