Pizza does not need to have a dough crust!
We love a good homemade pizza (yum!) and are always looking for ways to make more creative and healthy versions of this classic! Now, we know gluten-free or cauliflower crust is all the rage lately, but have you ever tried making mini pizzas with an eggplant base? It is so yummy and savory … Just bake your eggplant in the oven, and simply add the ingredients on top before a quick broil.
To make ours, we used fresh basil from our garden, tomatoes, organic tomato sauce, and provolone cheese … But the best part about this recipe is you can add as many toppings as you want! So feel free to get creative. This recipe is a great snack, dinner option, or even party appetizer for both kids and adults!
Watch our full video with the recipe here!
- 2 large eggplants
- 24 oz. jar organic tomato sauce
- 20 slices provolone (or mozzarella) cheese
- 3-4 oz. fresh organic cherry tomatoes, sliced
- organic basil, as desired
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup each additional topping, as desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant into 1-inch thick round pieces.
- In two baking trays, arrange the sliced eggplants.
- Sprinkle with the Himalayan salt and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the baked eggplant from the oven and turn your broiler on.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each eggplant round followed by one slice of provolone.
- Arrange some fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes over the cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Make sure you keep a close look while the eggplant is under the broiler, they can burn fast.
Recipe inspired by Eat Good 4 Life.