Deck the halls with this colorful dish because it is perfect for the holidays!
If you are looking for the perfect holiday dish to wow your family with this year, you need to try our sweet and savory Festive Pomegranate Pork Chops!
If you are thinking that this dish looks complicated, we promise it’s easier than you think and totally worth trying.
WOT’s the reason we use bone-in: We chose to use bone-in pork chops because the bone helps keep them moist and enhances the flavor! Plus, they look beautiful plated.
If you are looking for a side dish to pair with these, we suggest you try our Cinnamon Cranberry Baked Carrots which pair beautifully!
Festive Pomegranate Pork Chops
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- sea salt and black pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the pomegranate juice to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer until the amount is reduced by half or about 1 cup remaining in the saucepan. The juice will slightly thicken. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cooled, add the Dijon mustard and maple syrup, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While the pomegranate juice is reducing, rinse and pat dry the pork chops. Season with sea salt and black pepper on both sides.
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, bring the olive oil to temperature. Place the pork chops in the skillet working in batches. Be sure to not over crowd the pork chops in the skillet. Brown pork chops on both sides about 3 minutes per side. Adding more oil if needed.
- Place browned pork chops into a baking dish and pour the pomegranate sauce over the pork chops.
- Cover and bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until pork chops are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven, cover, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, top the porkchops with the fresh pomegranate seeds and chopped mint. Be sure to serve with a large spoon so extra sauce can top each serving.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita