Are you looking for a great Franklin BBQ ribs recipe? Check out how to prepare this delicious recipe Texas style.
If you have ever been to Austin (Texas), then there is a good chance you know about Franklin BBQ … And if you don’t, then you should! Their BBQ is second to none! Aaron Franklin is the master chef behind the famous BBQ joint, and today we are sharing some of his how-to videos to create his famous barbeque ribs. Whether you are making baby backs, spare, beef or lamb ribs, smoking them to tender juicy perfection creates unforgettable BBQ experiences. Check out his two videos below, followed by his classic Franklin Rib Recipe.
Aaron Franklin Rib Recipe: Texas Style
- 1/4 cup black black pepper
- 1/8 cup kosher salt
- 3-4 lb rack pork spare ribs
- Barbecue sauce
- Heat your smoker to 250°F.
- Combine salt and pepper, sprinkle and rub liberally over your ribs.
- Place the ribs in the smoker, meat side up.
- Cook until your desired color is reached, approximately 3 hours.
- Towards the end mop your ribs with barbecue sauce, wrap in foil, and return the meat to the smoker, meat side down.
- Cook 2 hours more. Rest before serving.