If you are looking for a tasty and easy banana bread that is also better for you, then look no further!
Today we introduce to you this delicious recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Banana Bread. It’s easy to whip up, super moist and flavorful and did we mention that it’s gluten free?
This recipe calls for a gluten free flour of your choice, but we recommend using a gluten free flour blend to avoid getting a texture that is too dense. It also uses cashew yogurt which is an important addition to keep the bread nice and moist.
WOT to know about this recipe: It is not too sweet by nature, so if you want to make it a little sweeter, feel free to add a bit more maple syrup. We opted for maple syrup over honey because honey can burn when baked at a high temperature.
We used Enjoy Life brand vegan dark chocolate morsels and they worked great. We also suggest using the vanilla bean paste the recipe calls for because of the amazing flavor, but if you don’t have it or can’t find it, regular vanilla is fine.
And lastly, watch the bread closely at the end because it will cook fast and can burn!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Banana Bread
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups gluten free flour blend
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup oat butter, melted and cooled to room temperature (or any vegan butter)
- ⅓ cup cashew yogurt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chunks (plus a few additional tablespoons to sprinkle on top)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 medium to large overripe bananas (about 1 1/3 cup mashed banana)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. If using a silicone pan, lightly grease the inside to ensure the loaf doesn’t stick.
- In a medium bowl, mash your bananas to desired consistency. Next add in the oat butter, cashew yogurt, eggs, vanilla bean paste and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir gently until everything is combined into a batter.
- Add in your chocolate chunks and walnuts if you are adding them.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and sprinkle additional chocolate chunks over top. Bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, tart checking your banana bread every 5 minutes by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. Once the toothpick comes out clean, your loaf is done.
- Remove from the oven and place the load on a cooling rack for 15 minutes and then carefully remove the loaf from the pan. Let the loaf cool completely before slicing.