It's Grill Week here on WOT and this recipe will have you firing up your BBQ ASAP!
Here in the WOT Test Kitchen, we tested and retested this recipe several times just to make sure it was a perfect combo, and to help make your life easier! The result? An easy grill recipe that tastes delicious!
We figured out a way to make this Chimichurri Sauce go a long way by using some of it, adding more olive oil and voila! It is now part marinade and part sauce!
We also found these great skewers that help to keep everything tidy on the grill in case you were wondering which ones. we used.
Grilled Chicken Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley (tender stems ok)
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro (stems ok)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional and you can adjust amount)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up into ice cube size pieces
- 2 red or green peppers, cut into pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup Chimichurri Sauce (above)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the chimichurri sauce and olive oil in a measuring up. Stir to combine and pour over your cut up chicken breasts. Marinade chicken overnight.
- Skewer one piece of marinaded chicken, pepper and onion, continue to repeat until skewer is full. Then repeat on remaining skewers.
- Discard any of the marinade that the chicken was marinading in.
- Grill on BBQ until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with remaining chimichurri sauce on the side and wedges of lime.
Enjoy! For more great grill recipes, see what else we have been up to here!
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita